Monday, February 3, 2014

Welcome

After years of being inspired by such blogs as  Sew Weekly I have decided to take on the challenge of creating my very own full new wardrobe.
One of the things that people might find interesting is that I am going to be using patterns from the 40's on..  I was of course born in the 80's and although most of the fashion of the day is to say the least atrocious there are a few things that are totally livable and even cute.
I was in high school in the late 90's and always thought that the fashions worn my Jen in Dawson's Creek and even more so Buffy in Buffy the Vampire Slayer were the epitome of cuteness.  They were simple and pink and stylish.  Those are the things that I want to capture in my new wardrobe and no I'm not trying to look 16 again.  I just look young for my age (most people think I'm at most 23) and I'm not ready to dress quite like that old lady just yet.
However my passions lay in the 40's and fifties.  They don't really make these patterns in my size but I am learning how to grade patterns and soon I shall be an expert.
So from those two decades I have been going on a pattern buying binge and I have started learning how to grade patterns when necessary, a task that I never thought that I would do.
I don't know if I'm going to be able to pull off a new outfit every week but I'm sure going to try.  This is going to be an adventure that I am looking forward to.  Wish me luck.

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment